Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Hair Products & History

To start off, let's talk about my hair history. I have naturally dark brown curly/wavy hair which is color treated and gets oily quickly. It's long, I'd say bra length, and layered with side swept bangs. When I say color treated, yes I dye my hair, but I am not the type of person to keep up with coloring on a regular basis. That sounds a bit weird but my dyed color isn't too far from my natural color so I go months between appointments. I've basically had my hair colored a total of 3 or 4 times in two years, so I'd say the damage from it is pretty minimal. Also, I try not to but I usually wash my hair everyday or every other day because my hair can't even go a second day because it's oily unless I use dry shampoo/baby powder. So I think that's a good summary now let's get to what I use on it.



My favorite shampoo is LUSH's Snow Fairy Shower Gel. What? A shower gel used as shampoo?? I know it's weird, but hey it works. It smells amazing, like candy, and lathers really well. 

I forgot to add a picture but my favorite clarifying shampoo is the Neutrogena Anti Residue. It does a great job at deeply cleaning my hair. I don't use this more than once a week because it is so clarifying that if you use it too much it can have a negative effect and cause your hair to make up for the oils it's lacking.
I'm sure you curly haired girls know what a pain it is to brush through your hair! I love the Johnson & Johnson detangler. It does a great job at easing the brushing process.

My hairstylist introduced me to the DermOrganics Volume Foam and I love it! It has great things for your hair, including argan oil, and is great at holding the curl's shape without crunchy. It's more lightweight than a mousse and a little goes a very long way.

For my heat tamer, I use the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray. Honestly, I use this just because I know I need to. I doubt a heat protectant has instant effects but better with than without!

One of my favorite hairsprays is the L'oreal Elnett. It's a good setting hairspray my only complaint is the scent. Sheesh, L'oreal! Couldn't put any other scent in there?

Mama and baby =]

My other favorite is the Not Your Mother's hairspray. This can get too crunchy is you use a lot so be careful with this one. But a light spray does the job! (Am I saying job way too much in this post? lol)
After I tried the Batiste dry shampoo I was wondering how I ever got along with baby shampoo. Batiste is much better at refreshing your hair without leaving a white cast. This dry shampoo helps me get away with not washing my hair everyday which saves lots of time in the morning. The "blush" scent is a lot nicer than the lemon-y original.

I had previously used the Tresemme curl booster, but now I can't find it anywhere =[. The Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Booster does the same thing. A few sprays and your curls are more defined and have more life. 

So those are all my hair products! I am pretty happy with them and don't feel then need to experiment with others. These work really well for me (and do a good job! haha).


What are your favorite hair products? Are you happy with them or are you still on the hunt?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...