Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MAC Vanilla Pigment Dupe for $3.50!

I am obsessed with MAC's Vanilla pigment. It's a gorgeous white/gold and works great as a highlight/lid color. However, I understand that $20 for a jar of product you'll never finish is a bit much. Luckily, L'oreal has lots of products on sale for 75% off at CVS right now (I believe they are being discontinued) including their loose shadows. I bought the HIP loose shadow in Restless for $3.50 and when I got it home, I realized it's a really good dupe for MAC's Vanilla pigment.


The MAC pigment comes with a lot more product than the L'oreal HIP. I have Vanilla in the old style jar but the new jar comes with 4.5g and the L'oreal comes with 1.5g of product.
(left: MAC Vanilla Pigment, right: L'oreal  HIP pigment in Restless) They're SO similar! I would say that Restless is a little grittier though and the Vanilla has a smoother texture
(close up) Even the pink-y sheen is near identical!

I wanted to share this dupe because a. Vanilla is gorgeous and b. the items might sell out quickly because they're on clearance. Normally the L'oreal HIP loose pigments are about $13 so if you cannot find them on sale, honestly I would recommend the MAC pigment.I found that the MAC one has a much better texture and comes with much more product. However, if you do find it for $3.50, snatch it up! 

4 comments:

ChiChi Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ohh man, all these deals going on and i can't shop :(

Michelle Anne Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Enabler! I need to pick this up like yesterday(:

Cutiegingerbread Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@chichi aww hoepfully it's available when u can!

@michelle hahaa sorry =]

Jane Candor Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gotta run to my CVS now (you're such a bad influence =P)! Thank you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...