Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Collection Review and Swatches

Recently I purchased a few of the polishes from the OPI OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Collection. For me, personally, this is more of a Fall collection. It has very subdued, muted, dusty colors. In the Spring and Summer I prefer brighter polishes. These would be perfect for Fall/Winter time! It's a very murky polish theme, I guess because pirates are murky? lol

Stranger Tides- This is a light, muted, yellow green. The formula is nice and applied evenly in 2 coats.

Mermaid's Tears- This is a dark green. It's more of a subdued sea foam green. Again, the formula is great and was opaque in 2 coats.

Silver Shatter (over Mermaid's Tears)- This is a silver crackle polish. To be honest, I'm a little crackled out! Crackle here, shatter there. There's so many companies coming out with crackles that there are plenty to choose from. This shatter isn't very opaque, which is my only con with it. I do like the effect of this, it adds some sparkly, especially to the more muted colors in this collection.

Have you picked anything up from the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Collection? How do you like it? Will you wear these colors in the Spring/Summer?

4 comments:

NicolaCosmeticsmile-x Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh what a pretty colour :) I Agree with you on the crackle front, its crazy! xx

Sterndli98 Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I actualy bought all of them on ebay in a set, for the price of 2 in switzerland.
when there should be colors I don't like, I will give them to my sister

Unknown Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Which one of these was your absolute favourite of the collection? I still don't have any of these but I seriously love and want to buy the Nice Stems collection. Have you heard about that one yet? All Pinks and Glitters *grin*

Cutiegingerbread Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@nicola these are really interesting colors =]

@terndil98- haha nice deal!

@karen- i would say i love mermaid's tears the best! and the collection of pink looks gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...