Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Saw VII 3D: My Thoughts (NO SPOILERS, I PROMISE!)

I wanted to a "review" (har har) of the latest (and last!) Saw movie. I have been going on and on about that I'm pretty sure twitter, my boyfriend, friends, and family got the picture that I was EXCITED (to say the least lol). I won't add spoilers because that's not fair lol If you did see it, please don't post too much in the comments either ;)

Last weekend came the much awaited (by me , anyway) day of SAW! I'm a huge fan of the series. I HATE horror movies but to me Saw isn't horror, it's more a gore-y thriller. The weekend before I had watched all 6 of the previous movies (thanks to a marathon on TV lol) so I was prepared! Saw VII is entitled "The Final Chapter" because it's (supposed to be) the last of the series (tear!). I went with my boyfriend who is not a Saw fanatic like I am, but I think the the movie was good even if you didn't see the others and it's not like you would be completely lost if you didn't. However, being a Saw FIEND gave me more appreciation for it.

I won't give anything away because first of all, Saw movies are the hardest to describe! You can spend 5 minutes describing a 2 minute scene because it's so complex. That's one of the things I love about Saw, it's not a straight up "kill, kill, I'm gonna kill u" movie. It's a smart movie where the end is the best part because they're the least expected twists.

My opinion of the movie itself and not all it's explanations of previous open ends? It's ok. I found myself going ok, that's nice, but of the general plot, I wasn't too thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but I didn't love the new plot of who was tested and how. (lips sealed!) However, it wasn't that I felt the series was drawn out for too many sequels (I don't at all! I want more!! haha) but I found the plot just ok. The gore-y parts seemed extra fake and I didn't feel they were true Saw quality (I'm an addict lmao). It was liek they were trying too hard to make it extra gore-y to make up for the weaker plot. The twist in the plot itself is amazing though! (as Saw twists are!) That's pretty much all I can say without giving it away haha

My thought on the ending and how they tied up loose ends from the previous movies? AMAZING! I loved it! This was my favorite part. When people asked how I liked the movie, I said the movie was ok but the end was SO GOOD. The final twist at the end was completely unexpected! If you are a Saw fan, I think you'll like the end because it was more Saw-like than the rest of the movie.

How was the 3D effect? It was ok, I could've done without paying extra when it was barely 3D to be honest. If you are going to see it and want to save money, you can see it in "regular". You won't miss much.

I felt the movie tied things up really well, but there's still open things. Even when we walked out of the movie, my boyfriend asked "but why did he do that?" (shhhh, yuliya!) and I couldn't answer it (how mysterious is this lol). I guess it's good because you can make your own reasons and what happens for some things but I like for EVERYTHING to be tied up, which some thing weren't (but mostly it was haha).

My verdict? B/B+

If you watched the final Saw, did you like it? (no spoilers!)

2 comments:

Just Jen Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved it! Maybe your theatre didn't have it in IMAX 3d, because there was TONS of 3D in the one I saw. [Get it? SAW... hahaha!!]

ChiChi Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nope, I haven't seen it since the 4th one but I could be wrong. I'm interested in seeing this one but I won't go alone and you know my situation. So I shall wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...