Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mini Sally Hansen Haul

I tried, I TRIED! I said to myself, "No, Yuliya. You filled a nail polish rack...now it's time to stop." But alas (dramatic word lol)...I needed more.

Now that I've been so dramatic about my guilt, how about I share my nail polish haul and swatches, yes?

I recently saw this new Sally Hansen display at my Duane Reade and fell in love with the colors. I wanted to share this haul because a. the colors are so pretty and b. it sold out in DAYS.

 Here's the three that I got:

left to right: Golden Flash, Metallic Momentum, Purple Bolt
Golden Falsh is a golden-peachy shade. I tried comparing it to NARS' Orgasm nail polish and the golden sheen on this is MUCH stronger than the NARS. The display says that all of the polishes only need one coat and I didn't find that true for any of the shades. This was the sheerest of the three (as I find all light shimmery colors to be) and needed three coats.


Next is Metallic Momentum. This is a gorgeous silvery-golden champagne metallic color. It's so pretty and needed only two coats.


Here it is side by side with the Dior Vernis in Timeless Gold (sneaky comparison in Sephora!). They're VERY similar. I wouldn't say they're 100% identical but the Sally Hansen is $5 and the Dior is $21 so I'm ok with a very close similarity.

Last is Purple Bolt. This is a really pretty dark purple shade with some lighter purple opalescence. This needed two coats.

Have you seen this collection? If so, did you get anything?

P.S. Sorry for the horrendous nail polish application in the swatches, I was sick and the scent was getting to me lol

3 comments:

No One Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that gold oneeeee!!!!!!!! i must go out and get.

ChiChi Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like Golden Flash

Rachel Marie Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

:) I just bought golden flash in the clearance section at a grocery store. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...