Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July Birchbox

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Birchbox. If you haven't, it's basically a monthly makeup subscription service. You pay $10 and every month receive 4-5 deluxe makeup samples! I always find it exciting to see what's in everyone's box and open mine on camera. I have decided to do accompanying blog post to give a closer look into the box as the video is more of a first impression. Let me know if you guys like this idea!

Here is my video opening the box:



This month's box was curated by Cynthia Rowley. It came with a special sleeve around it with a gorgeous pattern.

Here is what the regular box looks like once you take off the sleeve.

The tissue in it is usually pink but this month it was light blue.

In every box, there is a card explaining the theme of the month. In this one they explain that Cynthia Rowley curated the box and talk more about her style.

On the back of the card is always a list of the products included, a little description, and how much the full size is. 

Here is what was in my box: (clockwise, left to right) Zoya Polish in Shay, Redken Shine Flash, Ahava Mineral Hand Cream, Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser, Kind Almond & Apricot Bar.

My thoughts:
  • Zoya Polish in Shay- We all know I'm a nail polish fanatic so seeing this polish in my Birchbox made me happy! This is one of their polishes from their nude collection. It's a gorgeous nude with a slight shimmer to it, making it unique from the other cream nudes we usually see.
  • Redken Shine Flash- I haven't tried this yet but it's an interesting product. It claims to be a finishing, shine spray. All I can tell you is that it smells like hairspray, but doesn't feel sticky on my hand.
  • Ahava Mineral Hand Cream- I have previously received another Ahava hand cream in one of my Birchboxes. It's a nice size cream to keep in your purse. It smells nice but not the BEST hand cream I've ever tried.
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser- I hear rave reviews about this product! People love using it, especially with the Clairosonic! (can that come in my Birchbox??) I haven't tried it yet but don't believe the claim that it will take off all your makeup AND cleanse your skin. I never use a cleanser to remove my makeup. I take off my makeup with a makeup remover (recently have been using the Bioderma one) and then cleanse my skin; that way I know all of the traces, dirt, etc. have been removed.
  • Kind Almond & Apricot Bar- This was the extra in the box. I was pleased to see something a little different in the box, other than makeup. I am currently on a health kick so I was happy to try this. It is DELICIOUS! It has the crunch from the almonds, sweetness from the apricot and honey, and has pieces of coconut that add an interesting texture/flavor to it. It was also filling, which is great for something to take on the go. It has 5g of fiber and 3g of protein, so very nutritious! It does have 12g of sugar, so be careful with these but overall, it was yummy and one of my favorites of the box.

You can subscribe to Birchbox at http://www.birchbox.com/.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? If so, what did you think of your box this month? If not, will you be checking it out?

2 comments:

Unknown Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's a nice box of goodies. Do you re-use the boxes? I'm re-using my Glossyboxes for storing nail polish and makeup.

Cutiegingerbread Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@karen thank u! i am currently trying to find a use for them =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...